University of Michigan Tour
What are you doing over spring break? Enter your zip code to find a Tour near you!Read More
Why STLF Matters: Ownership
Being a leader isn’t about having a title but assuming responsibility, responding to crises, and being proactive. STLF provides first-chance opportunities for this kind of leadership.Read More
Tours, tours, tours
15 buses. 561 participants, 5 celebration cities, and incredible impact throughout the country.
This is what is happening in the lives of the Programs Core at the STLF National Support Office, this week. We are so excited that we’ve been able to kick off our Spring 2017 Pay It Forward Tour season with two awesome buses already and 13 more buses going on over Presidents Day Weekend! These students will be serving 4 cities along the way to their Celebration Cities where they will meet up with other buses along the way for a large group service project as well as an opportunity that evening to share their story with the other participants from various buses to reflect on how they revealed their leadership on the Pay it Forward Tour. A huge shout out to our 75 college students who are volunteering time our of their schedules to lead these High School Tours! Thanks for paying it forward to a future generation of servant leaders!
Speaking of college students, we have about almost 40 College Tours hitting the road during five weeks of their spring break right after the High School Tours! Students will be visiting 5 cities along their way to meet up with other colleges in the following Celebration Cities; Washington, DC, Nashville, TN, Pensacola, FL, Atlanta, GA, Charleston, SC, San Antonio, TX, Denver, CO, and San Francisco, CA! Thanks for getting us there, Arizona State!
See what our leaders have to say! We wanted to share some stories from students who participated/led Pay It Forward Tours for both high school and college last year:
- "I found myself being completely comfortable and completely myself." - college student 2016
- "At STLF, people understood me. Everyone was going through something difficult in their lives, had stories to tell, advice to give, and shoulders to cry on...and it made me feel like I wasn’t alone." - Jessica, college student 2016
- "I've always wanted to be a leader but didn't know how to approach the idea. This trip has encouraged me to speak out, ask for help, and become a leader not just in school but everywhere I go. Thank you STLF for giving me this opportunity." - Lexi, high school student 2016
- "I had an absolute blast, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I never would have thought that a group of people could become so close as we did in just a matter of nine days. It felt we had know each other for years, not days. I loved all the service projects and the places we went. The looks on the people's faces after we were done with the project, was an indescribable feeling. It's amazing how just four hours of work helped move them forward with their project a tremendous amount of time." - College student, 2016
- "STLF taught me about myself. It really has shown me that I am a leader. The shoulder tap activity really showed my that people believe in me. I loved Traveling to the different cities and getting to know people and really hearing the impact a few hours of our work made on people's lives." - College student, 2016
- "On the Pay It Forward Tour I learned that I really enjoy volunteering (something I hadn't done much before), but most importantly I learned how long a week can be if you use it the right way. I felt like we accomplished so much in each 24 hours. I also made great relationships, and felt like I learned more about people than I thought was possible in seven days. I learned I should try harder to not judge people when I first meet them, because everyone has a story and we all have more in common than I tend to think." - College student, 2016
We can’t wait to share more stories with you from all of our upcoming Pay It Forward Tours! If you have questions about where you can find a Pay It Forward Tour near your school check out our list of tours at go.stlf.net/collegetours or email email@example.com